From our blog…
Not sure where to start to make your business more efficient and sustainable? You’re not the only one!
Sustainability Victoria SRSB Program
Sustainability Victoria has made funding available through the “Smarter Resources, Smarter Business” program. It assists SME to become more productive and competitive by being more resource efficient.
Funding is available that contributes to the cost of Resource Assessments that identify areas of opportunity for energy and/or materials efficiency in the business. Additional funding is available for capital expenditure to implement identified opportunities.
NOTE: This program will no longer receive new applications from 2nd May 2014.
Resource Assessment funding is available for up to:
>> 50% for energy assessment costs, and/or
>> 75% for materials assessment costs,
>> up to $15,000.
How Green Moves can support your business
We work with Sustainability Victoria and the Smarter Resources Smarter Business Program to promote the funding opportunities, recruit eligible businesses into the program and work with you to become more resource efficient by…
- Explaining the program and process involved,
- Completing applications and lodgement with Sustainability Victoria,
- Providing the resource assessments,
- Working with you to help implement any changes you decide to proceed with,
- Support with ongoing monitoring of progress and savings.
This program offers excellent funding support opportunities for SME businesses to reduce operational costs and improve competitiveness.
Send us an email, or call us on 1300 898 742 for more information.
Is your business eligible for funding?
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Smarter Resources Smarter Business – Energy and Materials Program.
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Employ fewer than 200 people. # of employees is per ABN
- No Environment Protection Authority violations in past 5 years
- No WorkSafe violations in the past 5 years
- Agree to comply with Sustainability Victoria’s Terms and Conditions
- Not be a Commonwealth, State or local government entity
- Not be an industry or professional association.
Additional criteria for small businesses:
Small businesses that have high resource use are eligible to apply for funding provided they can demonstrate an annual energy spend of at least $50,000 (excluding transport fuel costs) for energy efficiency projects, or the potential to significantly improve materials efficiency for materials efficiency projects.