We are closing for the Christmas holiday period from Friday 22nd December and reopening on Monday 22nd January.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year for 2018.
Here are some final tips for the year on having a more sustainable Christmas.
- Choose experiences over things…sporting event, balloon flight, dog walking etc.
- Gift plants like vegetables or herb plants.
- Make a donation to a charity on behalf of your loved one.
- Wrap presents without plastic. Use newspaper or twine.
- Eat all the food in the freezer before Christmas day, so it is empty, ready to store leftovers.
- Make present labels with toilet paper rolls.
- Talk to others and be clear about what you want. If you don’t agree with single use plastic, tell people.
- If you are ready to go package free, go bulk food shopping with your own bags. Take containers to the deli, butcher and fish monger.
- Store your leftovers in jars, plates over bowls, beeswax wraps or containers. Ditch the cling wrap this year.
- Use a tree or plant you all ready own as a Christmas tree. If you do buy your own real one, take it to your local transfer station, organise a hard rubbish collection or chop it up once Christmas is over, then put the pieces into your green waste bin.
Merry Christmas everyone from the Green Moves Team